Many elements on the 2016 ASLA list of top landscape trends are integrated in Marsh Walk’s design
As part of the 2016 Residential Landscape Architecture Trends Survey, last month the American Society of Landscape Architects asked landscape designers to rate the expected popularity of outdoor design elements for 2016.
Sustainable design was the winner, with low-maintenance plants and low water costs also in high demand.
The top landscape elements with the highest expected demand include:
- Native plants (86%)
- Low-maintenance landscapes (85%)
- Food and/or vegetable gardens (75%)
- Rain gardens (73%)
- Landscaping/gardening that reduces the need for irrigation water (68%)
- Organic gardens (64%)
- Plant walls/vertical gardens (61%)
- Rooftop gardens (55%)
- Water elements such as fountains, waterfalls, grottos (46%)
- Ponds and/or streams (29%)